Sunday, May 06, 2007

Meet My Friend - Tejas

Hi Guys,



This is my friend Tejas. He is a real computer savvy, vary smart and very funny guy. He is the most chivalrous guy I have ever seen. You can always find him holding doors open for girls and carrying their shopping bags. He has solutions to all your social, emotional, study or work problems.

Ok, these are not the only impressive facts about him. This weekend I had gone shopping with him. We shopped from JCPenny, Macys, Gap and Sears then we went to American Eagle. He bought a shirt from there and on register he said to the cashier that he did not need a bag. He put his shirt in his JCPenny bag. This was a small thing but I was all impressed.




I have decided many times that I will take my canvas tote with me for shopping, but I always forget it. So here is a new idea. After buying one thing you can stuff all your next articles in the same shopping bag and save some paper or plastic. Both guys and girls can implement it. Tejas, Thank you. Oh BTW he is an owner of very interesting blog - Discover something....Everyday!


4 comments:

Tejas said...

Thanks for the words of appreciation, Zee! You made me emotional..and it took 2 days to get over it. :-p

For the 1st paragraph, I just try to be myself. I am not chivalrous, I respect women. And I am very old school Englishman while dealing with them. ;-) I am not nice, I lack confidence to be rude...LOL..

And about the later part, it was just a spontaneous act. But I believe we can reduce the usage of plastic as much as possible. Remember our mothers used to go to vegetable markets with canvas or cotton bags and would return carrying all grocery in them!? Well, the advent of polythene bags killed the concept of those cotton totes, and is the Number One enemy of environment today. I think many of our old traditions were beneficial to the nature, while the new fancy polythene bags are just nasty.

--T

Tejas said...

Oh..and did I tell you that you are one of the most amazing persons I have ever met, and I hold utmost respect for you!! :-)

Unknown said...

This time.. credit goes to both of you guys..

thumbs up to Tejas.. for his very little but very remarkable act..

and salute to "Z" for her vision to mark that little act and put it out on this blog ...

I still remember those days when my mom used to insist a lot to carry those colorful designed cotton bags.. and i used to deny a lot just because i was feeling a little bit old-fashioned about that..

But when i started realizing how much a plastic bag can harm the environment, I am changed...
i always prefer to carry my bag when i go to shopping.


-Darshinee

HimaliS said...

Tejas....i am agree with what poeple have said about him...he has an ability to impress you without meeting you.

well regarding the topic here...i also appriciate Tejas's act i am aslo impressed with it...now onwards i will also reduce the usage of plastic bags..