Sunday, April 22, 2007

Help Environment without spending $$$!!!!!!!

A thought came to my mind while I saw a glossy magazine was promoting $300 dress to help environment. Is there anything you and I can do to help environment that doesn’t cost us hundred dollars organic clothes???? Well, here are few ideas that anyone can implement in a day today life and some even helps you in saving some money, too.

Prefer coffee mug over paper cups.





Why not use shiny stainless steel or plastic coffee mug instead of new paper cups everyday!! Advantages: It saves so many efforts in recycling paper cups. A coffee mug with nice lid is way better in probability of spills. Coffee remains hot for longer duration than paper counterparts. And most coffee places charge 10-15 cents less if you use your own cup.

Just doing a math here, I drink around 12 coffees a week, In one year I can save around 600 paper cups and 60 $$$.
Keep visiting this blog, more ideas will be posted soon.

4 comments:

Tejas said...

Very nicely written blog, Zee! You sure have talent. Your blog is both precise and concise. :)

I agree with your points here too. I see the usage of paper-cups proliferating only because of our laziness, forgetfulness and carelessness. It takes not much effort to carry around a steel or plastic mug either. Instead of making such campaigns more glamorous by introducing expensive alternatives, such as 300$ clothes, people should concentrate more on practical approaches.

cantfindagoodname said...

Hi Zalak,

TB introduced me to your blog as I annoy him along the same lines, saving the environment and stuff.

Well, good to know that I am not the only desi who cares/thinks about the environment. You have a good point here. I am already preactising it in my office. I always use my mug for tea and refrain from using a disposable. You might recycle a paper cup in the US but here in Australia people simple chuck it in the bin. If everyone gives up disposable cups then we can save a lot of land fills and effort in recycling.

Good Work
Keep posting

Hardik

Unknown said...

Hey Zalak !!!

A very thoughtful point, which can make a big difference if applied !!

And agree with tejas's point, which I think is really true behind our every act that remains undone !!!

".......laziness, forgetfulness or carelessness"..

Darshinee.

zalak said...

Hi all,

I am very happy knowing your thoughts. Let your friends also know about the alternatives to save environment. If few people practice some changes in life, it will definitely make a huge impact some day. Saving thousands of trees a year is not a negligible success.

Hardik,

I am so impressed knowing that you are already applying nice ideas in life. I would like to thank you for that. I would also like to share the similar thing here. I also use sturdy plastic water bottle in office which I refill every morning from water fountain and save some money as well as at least one plastic bottle everyday.

Guys,
I have many more things to share with you, keep visiting this blog. Also share your ideas here with other people.